Satipo was Indy's guide in South America to find the lost temple. However, when they found the site, the temple began collapsing after Indy took an idol. Satipo betrayed Jones and attempted to escape with the idol. His bloodied corpse was found impaled to the wall, after he was killed by a spear trap in the temple. After recovering from the shock of seeing his guide dead, Indy grabbed the idol and escaped the temple. It is unknown what happened to Satipo's body afterward, but it presumably became one of the skeletons along with the other archeologist's body Indy found upon entering the temple.
- In Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Satipo is played by the actor Alfred Molina who played Doc Ock from Spider-Man 2 and Sheik Amar from Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, but the minifigures do not look like each other at all. The somewhat same scenario has happened with Han Solo and Indiana Jones, who are both played by actor Harrison Ford and with Warwick Davis who played Professor Flitwick and Griphook the goblin from the Harry Potter line, as well as Wicket and Wald from Star Wars.
- In LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, Satipo is one of the only two Minifigures that appear onscreen exactly like they appear in sets, since Marion Ravenwood has brown eyes and lipstick instead of blue eyes and no lipstick and Indiana Jones has a different stubble pattern. The only other figure that appears the same is Belloq.
- In the Raiders of the Lost Ark film, Indiana Jones called him "Sapito" instead of "Satipo", which he was named in the credits.
- He has the same head as Bruce Wayne (which is also used as a generic head on soldiers and Batman guards and uses Harry Potter's hair.
- In LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures, Satipo was allied with Belloq, but in the movie, he was not. That was done to make it kid-friendly.
Video Game Appearances