The Shadow Stormtrooper minifigure features all black pieces- the leg, arm, hand, and head pieces are pure black, while the torso piece has grey printing on the front and back to depict the shape and design of Shadow Stormtrooper armour. Silver printing is also used on the torso for four dots just above the belt. The helmet piece also has printing on it, silver for the mouth grill and eye lenses, and also for some detailing at the bottom of the helmet. Grey printing accompanied the silver for extra detailing on the sides and bottom of the helmet as well.
Shadow Stormtrooper minifigures were originally released in 2007 with the 7664 TIE Crawler, and then re-released in the 7667 Imperial Dropship in 2008. The two releases of these minifigures differ slightly in that the grey printing used in the 2008 release is lighter in colour than the original.
Shadow Stormtroopers, also known as Blackhole Stormtroopers, were an elite squadron of Stormtroopers that were equipped with experimental cloaking armour, which allowed them to appear to be invisible in nearly every environment. Several Shadow Stormtroopers were present on the first Death Star, and fought against Darth Vader's former Apprentice, Galen Marek. Legions of Shadow Stormtroopers were also used by the Director of Imperial Intelligence, Lord Blackhole, also known as Lord Shadowspawn, to combat the Rebel Alliance, and later the New Republic. Carnor Jax also used Shadow Stormtroopers as a bodyguard eleven years after the Battle of Yavin.
- In the 2009 "May the 4th be with you" promotional poster, LEGO lists Shadow Stormtroopers as Shadowtroopers. However, in the Star Wars universe, Shadowtroopers are Dark Jedi soldiers who carry lightsabers and do not resemble this minifigure.
- A Shadow ARF Trooper was released in 2011 that resembles this minifigure.
- The shadow stormtroopers are based off the shadowtroopers from force unleashed.
- 7664 TIE Crawler (Two)
- 7667 Imperial Dropship
- 4560062 Dark Side Magnet Set
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars