Koriand'r, or alias Starfire, is a Super Heroes minifigure who appears in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. She physically appears in the set 76035 Jokerland alongside her fellow Teen Titans members, Beast Boy and Robin. She also has a speaking role in LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout.
Starfire has a tan face and a pink wavy hair piece. Starfire's torso is purple with some of her stomach showing and part of her belt. Starfire has purple shorts with the other half of her belt showing. You can see more of her skin on her legs and also her legs include boots.
Princess Koriand'r of planet Tamaran became the victim of a peace treaty when her homeworld was invaded by a cruel alien race called the Citadel. Sent off as a slave by her sister, Princess Komand'r, she endured several years of harsh treatment before she and her sibling were captured by the Psions, whose experiments gave them the ability to shoot solar blasts (in addition to Tamaraneans' natural flight, which only Komand'r lacked). Koriand'r escaped the Psions' jailers and the Gordanian bounty hunters searching for her, and eventually found herself on Earth where she joined the Teen Titans alongside Robin (Dick Grayson, her lover), Kid Flash (Wally West), Wonder Girl (Donna Troy), Beast Boy and Cyborg.
Despite her conspicuous appearance, Koriand'r took an Earthen alias as a fashion model named Kory Anders (more for social purposes than secret identity) and a superhero name as Starfire (the Earthen translation of her real name). As a fellow Teen Titan, she fought alongside her new friends against numerous enemies such as Deathstroke, Brother Blood, Trigon the Terrible, and her own sister (Blackfire, as referred on Earth). She even had a long-lasting romantic relationship with Dick Grayson, now known as Nightwing, which fuels her devotion and selflessness to help others in need.
Because she is not of Earth, she has had to learn all of its customs, languages, and traditions in a short time so to blend in. Although she still struggles with culture-shock, she is much smarter, wiser, and stronger than her innocent nature lets on. Although she adores every little good thing on Earth with a passion, any danger to them can potentially drive her powers to match her name. Her power and personality make her not only one of the most formidable Titans and superheroes, but one of the best allies and friends any superhero can have.
Video Game Appearances
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
- LEGO Dimensions
- Starfire's name, Koriand'r, is the source of her chosen Earth alias (Kori=Kory, And'r=Anders).
- Her appearance and powers are based on the Teen Titans animated series.
- Her minifigure has solid green eyes--a physical tribute of her older comic-book counterpart. Those from her newer incarnations resemble human eyes, but the pupils and sclera are now differing shades of green.
- Starfire's training as a warrior came from the planet Okaara--the same world where her warlord mentors and the Orange Lantern Corps originate.
- Her home world of Tamaran is located in the Vegan System--the same system in which Krypton used to reside before its self-destruction. As such, both Kryptonians and Tamaraneans share very similar abilities such as flight, super-strength, and eye beams. There are a few differences, though; Starfire's beams are based on solar energy instead of heat, and she can project such energy from her hands as well.
- In the New Teen Titans comics, Starfire's solar powers were colored magenta, but were revamped to green to match her all-green eyes. However, her newest self-version has magenta hair to reference this.
- She has the longest-lasting consensual relationship with Dick Grayson, a.k.a. Nightwing, than any other female superhero; she is also the only one known to actually marry him and have children.
- Hynden Walch reprises her role from the Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! animated series in LEGO DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League: Gotham City Breakout. In addition, she also voice Princess Bubblegum on Adventure Time.