Studios is a theme that was introduced in the year of 2000 and discontinued in the year 2004. Sets of the theme mainly focused on stop-motion movie-making and the steps and practices there of. The theme featured several licensed subthemes, the last of which was the original Spider-Man movie series in 2002.
Characteristics And Popularity
The appeal of Studios is that the stop-motion animation camera included with the set 1349 LEGO Studios Steven Spielberg MovieMaker Set allows users to create real stop-motion movies with LEGO Bricks. In response, many websites that are dedicated to creating such movies, which are now known as "Brickfilms", have been created.
The director Minifigure featured in most of the sets is a caricature of Steven Spielberg, who attached his name to the aforementioned MovieMaker set. Strangely, Steven Spielberg was included in the Lego Studios Spiderman Action Studio set, but the Spiderman movies are directed by Sam Raimi.
Adventurers characters Johnny Thunder and Pippin Reed appear as Actors in three sets, Based on the adventurer's theme from 2001-2004. Namely 1355 Temple of Gloom, 1370 Raptor Rumble Studio, and 1354 Dino Head Attack.
- Res-Q 3 Fire Helmet
- Police Sheriff
- Boat Driver
- "Johnny Thunder" Actor (From the Theme Adventurers)
- "Pippin Reed" Actor (From the Theme Adventurers)
- "Captain Redbeard" Actor (From the Theme Pirates)
- Some of the sets in this theme are based on large film productions, such as Jurassic Park III and Spider-Man.
- Studios was mentioned in The Thespian's bio on LEGO.com.