- “G’day, dudes and dudettes!”
The Surfer has a yellow muscular torso as well as yellow arms and hands. He has light blue hips and yellow legs with printing that depicts a blue and black swim suit design with white flowers on it. His head is yellow with a growing beard, a large grin, eyes, and eyebrows. His hair is the same shape as the Skater and the Soccer Player, except is coloured tan. Also included is a white base-colour surfboard with printings of a palm tree with a orange background at the top and a white flower at the bottom with a black background. He also comes with a base to stand on.
The LEGO Movie
In The LEGO Movie, the Surfer appears as a citizen of Bricksburg and is named "Surfer Dave". He is first seen when Emmet says hi to him as he is polishing his surfboard. Later, when asked by the Super Secret Police about Emmet, he tells him that he has no idea who he is, much to Emmet's dismay.
- The Surfer was popular, due to him being the first minifigure with a printed bare torso. (At the time, barcodes gave away the minifigure, and the Surfer was one of the most chosen).
- He is one of nine Collectable Minifigures (the other being the Cheerleader, the Skater, the Witch, the Race Car Driver, the Hula Dancer, the Surfer Girl, Santa, and a variant of the Zombie) to appear in a non Minifigures set.
- Andrew reuses his hair.
- In The LEGO Movie, his name is Dave.
- He is the only minifigure from the Minifigures (Theme) who appears in The LEGO Movie but is not a Master Builder.