TIE Pilots were Imperial Pilots trained in piloting TIE series starfighters (such as TIE Fighters, Interceptors and Bombers).
The TIE Pilot has all black parts, and printing on the torso and helmet. They originally had helmets similar to those of stormtroopers. In 2010, a new version of the minifigure was released featuring a new helmet design, utilizing the same mould as the AT-AT Pilot's helmet (from 8084 Snowtrooper Battle Pack). In 2013 a redesigned version, featuring a new torso and new helmet printing, was released in 75008 TIE Bomber & Asteroid Field.
TIE Pilots fly TIE fighters, along with other craft such as shuttles and Imperial landers. Some pilots are trained to be more elite, and pilot better TIE fighters then others, and there are several elite squads in the Empire, such as Avenger Squadron, Nemesis Squadron, and Skull Squadron.
TIE pilots wear recognizable black armor which has life support systems on it since most TIEs don't have them. Many pilots customize their armor to make them stand out.
One notable TIE pilot was Baron Fel, who rose through the ranks and was the Emperor of the Fel Empire after the Battle of Endor, and he brought the infamous 181st Imperial Fighter Wing, known as the One-Eighty-Worst, up to top shape and made them an elite squadron.
TIE Pilots were used by the Galactic Empire during the Galactic Civil War, but were continued to be used by other governments such as the Imperial Remnant, Fel Empire, and various Imperial warlords.
In the series, books, comics, movies, and etc, TIE Pilots are constantly easily defeated by Rebel pilots and other people such as bounty hunters and dissidents, even though most Rebel and other pilots have a lot less experience and training.
Among the pilots, they were known as "vac-heads" and "ground-hogs", in reference to their roles in the Navy and Army, respectively, due to there being significant rivalry between the two factions.
- 4479 TIE Bomber
- 6206 TIE Interceptor
- 7146 TIE Fighter
- 7263 TIE Fighter
- 7659 Imperial Landing Craft
- 7958 Star Wars Advent Calendar (New Design)
- 8087 TIE Defender (New Design)
- 9492 TIE Fighter (New Design)
- 9676 TIE Interceptor & Death Star (New Design)
- 75008 TIE Bomber & Asteroid Field (2013 Redesign)
- 75031 TIE Interceptor (2014 Redesign)
- 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype (Rebels)
- 75106 Imperial Assault Carrier (Rebels)
- 75128 TIE Advanced Prototype (Rebels)
- 10131 TIE Collection (2)
- K4479 TIE Fighter & TIE Bomber Kit (2)
- K10131 Battle of Yavin Collection (2)
- 853126 AT-AT Driver, Ben Kenobi, TIE Fighter Pilot Magnet Set
- 853414 LEGO® Star Wars™ Magnet Set: Jar Jar Binks, V-Wing Pilot and Wicket (1)
Video Game Appearances
Gallery of Variants