- "I've met you three before, but you haven't met me yet."
- ―The Doctor in LEGO Dimensions
The Doctor is a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey who stole a Type 40 TARDIS (a living time machine, that can travel through both time and space) to explore the universe. However, The Doctor often ran into trouble, and despite his people's non-interference policy, The Doctor often acted against evil and tried to protect those who needed assistance. In many instances, before he dies, he goes through regeneration, a Time Lord ability which changes his personality and his genetic makeup and allows him to survive near-death experiences. To date, there have been thirteen different unique incarnations of The Doctor. However, for one incarnation during the Time War, he forwent going by the name of The Doctor.
In LEGO Dimensions, The Twelfth Doctor assists Wyldstyle, Batman and Gandalf in defeating Lord Vortech. He initially saves the trio from a "rift loop" in which Vortech had intended to trap them, and reveals that-due to the effects of time travel-he has met them before, but this is the first time they have met him from their perspective. He then drops them off in a Cyberman facility where they are forced to contend with those cyborgs, the Weeping Angels, and the Dalek Emperor and his Daleks. They were then able to contact a past version of the Doctor, who helped them to escape. The three later posed as Zygons in order to rescue the Doctor from a group of Cybermen and recruit him for their final conflict with Vortech, in which they created a rift loop to trap the foe, apparently forever.
Gallery of Video Game Variations
Video Game Appearances
- If the Doctor dies in LEGO Dimensions, instead of respawning, he will regenerate into another body, starting from his first incarnation.
- The Seventh Doctor was portrayed by Sylvester McCoy who also played Radagast in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- The War Doctor was portrayed by Sir John Hurt who also played Mr Ollivander in Harry Potter, Harold Oxley in Indiana Jones, and Aragorn in Ralph Bakshi's cartoon adaptation of The Lord of the Rings.
- The Ninth Doctor was portrayed by Christopher Eccleston who also played Malekith the Accursed in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The Tenth Doctor was portrayed by David Tennant who also played Barty Crouch Jr. in Harry Potter.