- This article is about the movie. For the theme, see The LEGO Ninjago Movie (Theme).
|The LEGO Ninjago Movie|
- Master Wu - Jackie Chan
- Lloyd - Dave Franco
- Kai - Michael Pena
- Nya - Abbi Jacobson
- Jay - Kumail Nanjiani
- Zane - Zach Woods
- Cole - Fred Armisen 
- Garmadon - Justin Theroux
- Misako ("Koko") - Olivia Munn
The movie was first announced to be in development June 27, 2013. It is being written by brothers Dan and Kevin Hageman, who have also worked on Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and The LEGO Movie. On May 21, 2014, it was revealed that the release date of the film will be September 23, 2016 and it will be written by Charlie Bean. However, the film was delayed to 2017.
Ninjas, samurais, and sensei fight side-by-side against dragons, armies of snake men, and a once-banished warlord who is now seeking to return to power.
Ninjago is the story of six young ninja tasked with defending their island home, called Ninjago. By night, they’re gifted warriors, using their skill and awesome fleet of vehicles to fight villains and monsters. By day, they’re ordinary teens, struggling against their greatest enemy: high school.
- Although Lloyd is confirmed to appear in this movie, it is not his first cinematic appearance. Lloyd had made several cameos in The LEGO Movie.
- The Babysitter's baby and modified versions of the Bride and Hot Dog Man make cameos in one of the film trailers.
- A LEGO version of Ferris Bueller from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" makes a cameo appearance in the second trailer alongside the other students moving away from Lloyd as he is entering the bus.
- Kebab Bob from The LEGO Movie and the Minifigures line characters Zookeeper and Artist briefly appear in the second trailer when 'Meowthra' attacks Ninjago City.
- Meowthra's name is a reference to the Godzilla Kaiju, Mothra.
- The film will feature a new take that diverges from the TV series.
- The film will be a spin-off of The LEGO Movie.
- The movie was originally going to be released 2016, though the movie was held back a year.
- Like The LEGO Movie, the film will use CGI animated bricks would look like a stop motion film but contrast to the former, non-brick environments are used.
- The ninja seem to have different hairpieces than in the TV series and the LEGO sets.
- Before the movie Storks, there was a short called "The Master".
- "The Master" involves Sensei Wu fighting against Chicken.
- This is the second LEGO theatrical film to be composed by Mark Mothersbaugh after The LEGO Movie.
- Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- The LEGO Movie
- The LEGO Movie 2
- The LEGO Batman Movie
- BIONICLE: Mask of Light
- BIONICLE 2: Legends of Metru Nui
- BIONICLE 3: Web of Shadows
- BIONICLE: The Legend Reborn
- The Adventures of Clutch Powers
- Legends of Chima: The Animated Series
- LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 "LEGO's Ninjago Coming to the Big Screen" at ComingSoon.net
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 "LEGO Ninjago Film Gets a Release Date" at IGN.com
- ↑ Mark Mothersbaugh to Score 'The LEGO Ninjago Movie'
- ↑ a-conversation-with-lego-ninjago-writers-dan-and-kevin-hageman-about-the-past-present-and-future-92644
- ↑ http://www.thebrickfan.com/
- ↑ http://www.blu-ray.com/Ninjago/334578/