|LEGO → System → Star Wars → Revenge of the Sith|
|Toy Fair 2005 V.I.P. Gala|
February 19, 2005
Toy Fair 2005 V.I.P. Gala set was released in February 2005 at the Toy Fair as part of the LEGO Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith line. Included are Darth Vader (No cape) and Anakin Skywalker (Episode III, burned) minifigures.
The set includes two models, the droid and the transformation 'chair'. The droid has a stick down the middle to hold it together. It has five bent Battle Droid arms that connect to tools (a hammer, a screwdriver, a drill, a spanner, and a wrench). It has two dark grey discs, then a red transparent one, then another dark grey one. Then there is a brick that the arms connect onto. Under that is a 3x3 light grey disc, and a sloping 'dress'.
The 'chair' is set on a 8x8x1/3 grey base. It has two vents on it and some bricks at the back. At the front there are two black bricks with brown 2x1 with holes in them connecting onto that. There is a grey turntable connecting onto a brick that allows the minifigures to go back and forth. Then the minifigures stand on a 2x4x1/3 grey piece.
After a the newly annointed Sith Lord Darth Vader was defeated by Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Palpatine found Vader on Mustafar, and transported him to the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Centre. It was here that Vader was operated on, and given his suit of armour.
- This set was one of three Toy Fair 2005 LEGO Star Wars promotions, the others being Toy Fair 2005 Luminara Unduli Promotion and the the Toy Fair 2005 Anakin Promotion.
- This set was only available to those invited by LEGO to the 2005 International Toy Fair.
- This is the one of only two sets to date where Darth Vader does not come with a black cape.
- This is one of only three sets that include a burned Anakin Skywalker minifigure. Another set with a variation of a burned Anakin is 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle.
- This set is the same as 7251 Darth Vader Transformation.