Hello all, an opportunity has arose for myself and one other Brickipedia admin to visit Wikia HQ from 11 November to 13 November 2013. The visit will look something like this:
- 10 November
- I arrive sometime during the day, and am paying for a hotel so I can do some sightseeing on the Sunday.
- 11 November
- When the other admin will probably fly in, unless they want to join me on Sunday :-)
- Attend various Wikia meetings on new products, meeting with various Wikia executives, etc.
- 12 November
- More meetings
- Dinner with a bunch of staff + some "fun" event (not sure what this will be)
- 13 November
- Fly home in the afternoon
The schedule is pretty full from what I hear. There will be lots of meetings, finding out about new stuff at Wikia, and hopefully some discussions on how Wikia could better accommodate Brickipedia here.
All expenses of the trip are covered by Wikia, except for food and a hotel room on the 10th. This isn't a business day for Wikia, but I'm going to fly out on this day so I can do sightseeing beforehand. If you want to fly out on the 11th, there is no cost for this trip.
I'm looking for someone who is:
- Currently an administrator on Brickipedia
- Is free from 10-13 November 2013
- Wants to go to Wikia HQ and talk with people, advocate for Brickipedia's community, attend meetings, etc.
- Lives in North America. The flight wouldn't be practical for anyone else in that time unfortunately, and budget constraints.
Comment if you are interested/available, or with any comments or questions! If there are lots of people who want to do this, we could do some sort of vote on both spots, but last time I asked nobody really wanted to go, so this shouldn't be a problem. Ajraddatz (Talk) 18:20, October 9, 2013 (UTC)