- "I liked Emmet before it was cool."
Vitruvius is a minifigure in The LEGO Movie. He brings together all the Master builders for a meeting in Cloud Cuckoo Land, in which he tells them that an unstoppable force is coming that could "end the world as we know it". He plans for Emmet to stop this force. In the movie, he is voiced by Morgan Freeman.
Vitruvius was first seen in a temple guarding the Kragle from Lord Business, but failed and lost his eyesight afterwards. He warns Lord Business of the special.
Later, he was hiding in The Old West as a piano player, and soon guided Emmet, Wyldstyle and Batman to Cloud Cuckoo Land, where they met Unikitty and Benny. After the place was destroyed by Bad Cop and his forces, the gang was rescued by MetalBeard and soon operated a plan to infiltrate the Octan Tower.
Later on, Vitruvius was decapitated by Lord Business with a penny. In his dying words, he tells Emmet the prophecy was made up and dies before he can finish talking. With Emmet strapped on to a battery, Vitruvius returns as a ghost to tell Emmet that anything is possible as long as he believes.
Gallery of Variants
- Underneath his robes, he is wearing clothes and a headband similar to the Hippie from the Minifigures theme.
- In The LEGO Movie Video Game, his young variant is only playable in the prologue level "The Prophecy", unless the player enters a cheat code.
- His cape pattern is specially designed for him.
- He is a talented piano player, despite being blind. In the movie, he is seen in an Old Western saloon playing "Everything is Awesome" on the piano.
- Before he was blind,he had a silver band, two thin robes in front of him, a new printed torso with a blue jewel on it and a golden staff a a blue crystal on it.
- In the movie, he has a rubber band for a headband and a partially chewed lollipop for a staff. It is notable that the sticks of many lollipops, such as Dum-Dums, can be held by minifigures just like LEGO shafts.
- Because he wears his robe, he cannot use Dispantsers in The LEGO Movie Video Game.
- In Lord Business's evil lair,his staff is a LEGO stick with a moonstone piece.
- Vitruvius's outfit that he wore for the majority of the movie may be his other robes opened.
- The lollipop and rubber band may be there because Finn was actually playing with the minifigures the whole time.
- In the movie, he dies when Lord Business knocks his head off with a penny. With his dying words, he tells Emmet that the prophecy of the Special is made up. He then comes back as a ghost to give Emmet further guidance.
- His ghost form uses classic Ghost shroud, but has the staff and headband, as well as his cape and robe underneath. He "flies" by hanging from a string.
- In The LEGO Movie Video Game, his ghost has normal minifigure legs and no cape. He also flies without a string.
- Vitruvius should not have died from getting beheaded due to the fact that the Panda Guy was seen earlier golfing with minifigure heads that were alive and completely unharmed it could also not be that his torso peg got cut off, because it was seen intact when his head was cut off.